Friday, September 25, 2009

It's a Cardi Party




I went to Catholic School quite a few years, and say what you will about the lovely plaid uni's, sometimes it was great having a uniform. You don't have to think about what you're wearing each morning. It's already been decided for you.

I find that having a "uniform" these days (as a mom, etc...) makes getting dressed in the morning much easier. My fall uniform pretty much consists of jeans, tanks and a cardigan with either ballet flats or boots.

Jeans and tanks are pretty simple, but you can have a lot of fun with cardigans. So in my quest to find "fun" cardigans, I decided to make a few and share them with all of you in Etsy world. I took vintage/thrift cardi's and embellished them with a variety of appliques: beads, ruffles, rosettes, vintage appliques -- creating a unique look for each.

So if you need to update your "uniform", or just want a sweet little sweater to wear, check out my Etsy site (click on the pics in the upper right margin). I also added a few more aprons too. And you can be sure that there will be more sweaters to come!

4 comments:

{kara} said...

love these Caroline! they are fab-u-lous!

luckygirlgifts said...

Oh, those are breathtaking.
You do such beautiful work.
thank you
Enjoy your Sunday,
Cari b.

koralee said...

Oh me oh my....these are stunning...I am a cardi gal all the way...I have about 20 in a rainbow of colours...but there is always room for more! Off to check these sweeties out!

Kellie Collis said...

Oh i adore the edging on these cardigans!!