Friday, October 16, 2009

Some Like It Hot Pink


I gotta admit, I'm not really a "hot pink" girl. Maybe it's my more fair complexion, but magenta and I don't mix well. However, I was born again when I tried this sweater on. I rescued it when it was just a "plain Jane" cardi. But after some vintage flower appliques and a few vintage buttons, I felt I was channeling Joan from Mad Men (granted, Joan fills out the sweater a little better).

I have realized that as I get older, I've been adding a little more color to my wardrobe. Oh, I'll always be a cream, neutral, black, grey, brown kind of girl, but every once in a while a little color does a girl good.

Alas, I'm not keeping this cardi, but sharing the "fuchsia" with the rest of you. This cardigan, along with several others, are available on my Etsy shop (see right column). And I've been busy working with glitz and glam for my holiday collection. Can't wait to share those soon!

3 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

hot pink - definately !!!

Kellie Collis said...

Beautiful colour! Bright and fabulous! x

koralee said...

I so love your creative ideas that bring all your sweaters alive again...if I was a sweater I would be so wanting you to find me!!!! Happy week to you!