Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rocky Mountain High


Went looking for the Fall colors up in the mountains of Colorado this weekend. However, I think we were a little "past peak" in the area we were headed. Nonetheless, the views were still spectacular, even sans colors. The photo above is a shot I got on the way up Berthoud Pass to Winter Park. Ski season will be here before you know it.



This was the view from our balcony. We love the condo we stay in, and this time the new outdoor pool and spa were open. It's kinda fun to swim outdoors when the air temp is in the 40's. The pool was in the high 80's and the spa was toasty. Very relaxing.

We took a side trip to Devil's Thumb Ranch in Tabernash. Heavenly! I highly recommend a stay or even just a day visit if you're in the area. http://www.devilsthumbranch.com/

Next week I'm off to Vegas with mom and the sista's for my older sister's 50th birthday. Two weekends in a row lounging at the pool in October -- not a bad life, eh? ;) I'll have some photos to share of that girls' outing and I'm guessing they'll look a little less tranquil than the ones above. Enjoy your week ahead!

1 comment:

koralee said...

You images are so lovely...I adore the Rocky Mountains...have never been the US side...only Canada!Enjoy your next weekend too my friend..how fun will that be ...a girls weekend! Yahoo