Thursday, June 4, 2009

Group Project: Top Tunes -- Workout


Sometimes this blog will feature the "spotlight goddess". Other times I'll need to call on the masses. I like to call these "Group Projects".

For our first Group Project, I surveyed some of my Workout Goddess friends who are hardcore when it comes to a fitness routine. Their assignment: to give me the top three songs on their ipods when it comes to working up a sweat.

Most had a hard time stopping at three. So scan the list, see if you have any of the same favorites, or if there are some new tunes you want to try during your next trip to the gym or the trails...

My current top 3:
1. "Life in Technicolor II" by Coldplay
2. "Rain in the Summertime" by The Alarm
3. "Jai Ho" from the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack

For the rest of the list my thanks to Mary, Wendy, Ashley, Meggen, Megan, Jillon and Sue
  • "What I've Done" by Linkin Park

  • "Like a Prayer" by Madonna

  • "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay

  • "Let's Get It Started" by Black Eyed Peas (2 votes!)

  • "Under Pressure" by David Bowie and Queen

  • "Come on Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners

  • "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga

  • "Lose It" by Eminem

  • "On a Mission" by Q Da Kid

  • "Jump" and "Runnin with the Devil" by Van Halen

  • "Californication" and "Dani California" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

  • "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw

  • "Kiss a Girl" by Keith Urban

  • "Red Dirt Road" by Brooks and Dunn

  • "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock

  • "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson (2 votes!)

  • "Walk Away" and "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson

  • "Breakout" by Foo Fighters

  • "Kickstart My Heart" by Motley Crue

  • "Single Ladies" by Beyonce

  • "4 Seconds" by Madonna and Justin Timberlake

  • "Glass of Water" by Coldplay

  • "Love and Memories" by O.A.R.

  • "Hot and Cold" by Katy Perry

  • "It's a New Day" by will.i.am

  • "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson

  • "Roll with the Changes" by REO Speedwagon

  • "Your Love" by Outfield

1 comment:

Sue V said...

OMG - I was trying to figure out the "Just Dance" song by Lady Gaga and all I could come up with was "Implants" from the Justin Timberlake SNL skit "Bring it on down to Plasticville". I'm so glad I know now - I'm going to download that one. Good song list ladies!