There's a line in the movie "Working Girl" by Joan Cusack. She tells Melanie Griffith: "Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna, never will."
Madonna or not, sometimes you just gotta dance. I asked some friends what song(s) get them on the dance floor. All I know is there are some girls out there ready to boogie -- so hey Mr. DJ, just put a record on!
A lot of us gals "grew up" in the 80's, when Madonna was a staple. So let's let the Material Girl start off the list:
- "Everybody" by Madonna
- Classic Madonna
- "Holiday" by Madonna
- "Dancing Queen" by ABBA got 5 votes!
- "Love Shack" by the B52's got 2 votes
- "Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC got 2 votes
- Anything by Talking Heads
- Anything by Vampire Weekend or MGMT
- Anything by Van Morrision
- "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga
- "Runaround Sue"
- "It Had to be You"
- "Brick House" by the Commodores
- "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond (fun to sing along to, too -- thanks Leslie :)
- "Nasty" by Janet Jackson
- "Been Around the World" by Lisa Stansfield
- 80's music
- "We Are Family"
- "YMCA", "Macho Man" or "San Francisco" by The Village People
- Anything by KC and the Sunshine Band
My top 5 :
- "Best of My Love" by the Emotions
- "Don't Stop til You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson
- "I Need to Know" by Marc Anthony (if only I could tango...)
- "Jackie Wilson Said" by Van Morrison
- "Beggin" by Madcon
And when the music starts, I never wanna stop, it's gonna drive me crazy... Thanks Madge. And thanks to all those who gave their "two cents" :Dawn, Lisa, Sue, Mary, Stacy, Stephanie, Linda, Lizzie, Teri, Wendy B., Leslie, Tina, Jamie, Mary Rose, Sandi, and Kelly O!