Monday, July 27, 2009

Group Project -- Dance Tunes!



There's a line in the movie "Working Girl" by Joan Cusack. She tells Melanie Griffith: "Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna, never will."

Madonna or not, sometimes you just gotta dance. I asked some friends what song(s) get them on the dance floor. All I know is there are some girls out there ready to boogie -- so hey Mr. DJ, just put a record on!

A lot of us gals "grew up" in the 80's, when Madonna was a staple. So let's let the Material Girl start off the list:
  • "Everybody" by Madonna
  • Classic Madonna
  • "Holiday" by Madonna
  • "Dancing Queen" by ABBA got 5 votes!
  • "Love Shack" by the B52's got 2 votes
  • "Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC got 2 votes
  • Anything by Talking Heads
  • Anything by Vampire Weekend or MGMT
  • Anything by Van Morrision
  • "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga
  • "Runaround Sue"
  • "It Had to be You"
  • "Brick House" by the Commodores
  • "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond (fun to sing along to, too -- thanks Leslie :)
  • "Nasty" by Janet Jackson
  • "Been Around the World" by Lisa Stansfield
  • 80's music
  • "We Are Family"
  • "YMCA", "Macho Man" or "San Francisco" by The Village People
  • Anything by KC and the Sunshine Band

My top 5 :

  1. "Best of My Love" by the Emotions
  2. "Don't Stop til You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson
  3. "I Need to Know" by Marc Anthony (if only I could tango...)
  4. "Jackie Wilson Said" by Van Morrison
  5. "Beggin" by Madcon

And when the music starts, I never wanna stop, it's gonna drive me crazy... Thanks Madge. And thanks to all those who gave their "two cents" :Dawn, Lisa, Sue, Mary, Stacy, Stephanie, Linda, Lizzie, Teri, Wendy B., Leslie, Tina, Jamie, Mary Rose, Sandi, and Kelly O!

No comments: